Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £30000 per annum + on-call + benefits
5 months ago
2nd/3rd Line Service Desk Engineer - Windows, Exchange, VMWare, Networks, Server - required to join a new team in Manchester City Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity for a 2nd/3rd Line Service Desk Engineer with experience supporting a range of infrastructure technologies to join a fast paced, forward thinking and extremely successful Managed Service Provider based in Manchester.
You will be hands on technically with Service Desk experience and will provide 2nd/3rd Line support to a range of customers, resolving support tickets that are escalated from 1st Line. Technical skills and abilities:
- Windows Server infrastructure Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, AD, GPOs, Permissions, building Windows systems from the ground up
- VMWare ESXi OR Hyper-V administration essential
- Networking TCP/IP v4, basic understanding of networking, subnetting, routing, port forwarding, VPNs
- Email Microsoft Exchange, basic administration, mail flow, mail routing, Exchange trouble shooting, mail migrations
- O365 Administering O365, perhaps setting up mail (Exchange) from scratch, migrating from Exchange to O365
- Backups Troubleshooting, creating / updating backups (Veeam an advantage)
- Powershell Scripting - an understading of would be ideal
- IT Service Desk Environment experience
- Superior Customer Service Skills
Salary on offer is up to 28k (Please note that working hours will range on 7.5 hour shifts between 0730 and 2000 and these rotate weekly) + on call of £150 per week 1 in 4 weeks + benefits with the opportunity to work in a new team and to grow with the business moving forward. Please forward your cv for immediate consideration!