Manchester, Greater Manchester
3 months ago
Azure Cloud Architect - Azure, Config Management, Virtualization - Manchester
Seeking an Cloud Architect with a strong hands-on and practical design and deployment experience, guiding the journey to evolve enterprises' environments towards the cloud. The successful candidate will be a self-starting technology expert with good customer soft skills and an ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as clients.
The role will be working for one of the top tech consultencies in Manchester. They're revolutionising things in that space and are winning some great projects in the North West. This is a great opportunity for you to be an itegral part of a thriving organisation.
Key Responsibilities :
- Cloud infrastructure design and deployment experience in enterprise organizations working alongside infrastructure and operations teams.
- Cloud migration/transformation and day-to-day operation engagements.
- Excellent understanding of various cloud technologies Azure is a must and AWS is a bonus.
- Strong knowledge of public cloud IaaS and PaaS components and options in ideally Microsoft Azure but AWS is a bonus.
- Good understanding of various IaaS platforms including Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, Openstack etc) as well as other public/private and hybrid cloud technology stacks (e.g. HDS converged systems, Azure Stack).
- An appreciation for Micro-Services and surrounding technologies/tools (such as containers; BES, eMite, Service-Now, SCCM; etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration management (e.g.: chef, puppet; etc.) and automation tools such as Ayehu Eyeshare
- Good Multi Operating System knowledge: Windows, Linux OS services along with storage management (SAN, NAS, RAID, configuration; etc.)
- Good networking, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP knowledge and security experience including high-level design
- Whilst primarily a high level role, the ideal candidate would be able to guide others in the low level design around the majority of the above components where necessary.
- High levels of ownership, and a make it work first time work ethic.
Vendor Management (hardware and Software vendors HP, Hitachi, MS, VM, Citrix and others).
This opportunity is available on both a permanent and contract basis. Paying competitive salary/day rate.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.