Manchester, Greater Manchester
about 1 month ago
Data Science Engineer - Central Manchester, North West - C++, Data Science, R, Excel
Data Science Engineer - Manchester, North West is required for this outstanding, big data centric company based in Central Manchester - Commutable from Stockport, Bolton, Oldham, Huddersfield, Halifax, Chester, Warrington, Preston, Liverpool, Leeds, Stoke, Crewe and Sheffield.
Would you like to work within a purpose built tech playground overlooking Manchester City Centre, work on cutting edge projects and be a part of highly skilled team? Well you have this opportunity right now... This is an outstanding and unique opportunity to be a Software Engineer (with Data Science) within a global big data/customer analytics company based in central Manchester. You will have the opportunity to produce and ensure high quality algorithms which will be integrated into commercial software products. You will prototype new algorithms and perform data analysis when required. Working closely with Data Scientists and Product Development teams, this is a great opportunity for a Software Developer with a scientific/mathematical background to be an integral part of a thriving business.
- Strong working knowledge of C++ and the capability to develop scientific software (ESSENTIAL)
- Understanding of software development process
- Strong software design skills
- Ability to comprehend mathematical algorithms and statistics
- Good knowledge of databases, including relational and non-relational data models
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience using other tools/languages: Python, R, C#, Excel, Matlab
- Understanding of Machine Learning techniques
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a leading global business at the top of their game and who continue to demonstrate year on year growth and investment. Not only is the salary on offer extremely strong, but this opportunity also offers an excellent benefits and bonus package! If interested, please forward your CV for consideration.