Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Junior Software Engineer - C/C++, Linux, SQL, .NET - Manchester, North West
Junior Software Engineer - C/C++, Linux, SQL, .NET - Manchester, North West is required for this outstanding, global software development company based in Manchester - Commutable from Greater Manchester, Huddersfield, Altrincham, Macclesfield, Knutsford, Warrington, Liverpool, St.Helens, Bolton, Wigan, Preston, Halifax, Leeds, Sheffield, Stoke, Crewe and Chester.
Are you looking to join an exciting start up that use new technologies and can expand your skills and career prospects!? This is an amazing opportunity for a junior software engineer to get stuck in and be a part of a passionate tech mad team who deliver world class products and services.
This business seeks someone with a diverse technical skill-set, someone who loves solving problems, being creative and thinking BIG!
You will have proven commercial experience in software development and a degree in Computer Science or an associated field. Experience programming in C/C++ is a must and any experience using .Net would be ideal. Knowledge of Linux is desirable as well as having an understanding version control systems (e.g., Git, CVS, Subversion). Experience working on framework builds with modern web technologies would be advantageous and also being familiar with NoSQL and/or SQL databases.
- Programming experience in C/C++
- Experience/knowledge working on Linux platform
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban and/or TDD)
- Familiarity with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (ideal!)
- Open Source software development practices
- Knowledge of version control systems e.g., Git, Subversion and/or CVS
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience in an associated field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful business. You will be rewarded with an outstanding working environment and a very competitive salary. To apply, please forward your CV or call for further details.