Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £70000 per annum + Additional bonus and benefits
10 months ago
C/C++, Linux, NoSQL - Senior Software Engineer - Manchester, North West is required for this outstanding, global software development company based in Manchester - Commutable from Greater Manchester, Huddersfield, Altrincham, Macclesfield, Knutsford, Warrington, Liverpool, St.Helens, Bolton, Wigan, Preston, Halifax, Leeds, Sheffield, Stoke, Crewe and Chester.
Are you looking to join an exciting start up with new technology or to expand your skills in this area? This is an amazing opportunity to work with a passionate, tech mad team who love what they do and to learn and develop your career.
This business seeks someone with a diverse technical skill-set in C/C++ and/or Java and who loves taking on challenges and finding creative solutions. You will have a proven background along with experience working on Linux platform and have knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git, CVS, Subversion). Experience working on framework builds with modern web technologies would be advantageous and a familiarity with NoSQL and/or MongoDB database preferred.
If you love working with new and emerging technology and work well in a fluid, delivery focused development environment, then this is a great opportunity for you!!
- Strong commercial background in C/C++ and/or Java development
- Experience working on Linux platform
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban and/or TDD)
- Experience resolving performance related, mulita-threaded issues
- Familiarity with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Open Source software development practices
- Knowledge of version control systems e.g., Git, Subversion and/or CVS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful business in an autonomous and business critical role. You will be rewarded with an outstanding working environment, very competitive salary plus bonus and other benefits.
To apply, please forward your CV for consideration.